Friday, May 14, 2010

Attitude Adjustment

While carpooling with Gus one day this week he pointed out that several times during our ride I said "I fucking hate _____" and that maybe I needed a sunnier outlook on life.  I might over use that statement for things that just plain annoy me, not really think I hate.  Gus' comment gave me an idea for a re-curring blog theme, "I F*ing Hate Friday", which is a tad ironic since I love Friday, who doesn't??  It will give me a chance to truly vent about something that bothers me and then move on.  Once I post about something, I'm going to try not to let it annoy me anymore or at least not vocalize my annoyance.  My warning though, 99% of these posts will end up about driving and other drivers.  That's where most of my frustations stem from!!

So to kick it off an annoyance that I face almost daily.  I F*ing Hate people who multi-task while driving, not to include talking on a cell phone.  Mainly I'm talking about the people who do things while driving that are completely ridiculous.  One morning this week I ended up behind a girl putting her make up on.  This one really irritates me.  If you don't have time to put your makeup on in the morning, get up earlier.  She was driving about 25mph in a 40mph zone while putting on blush, eyeshadow, eye liner, mascara, etc.  It's not my fault you didn't finish getting ready before you left the house so I shouldn't be punished by having to ride behind you.  I've also seen a woman putting on full eye makeup while driving 75mph down an interstate.   She couldn't maintain her lane and almost rear-ended someone when traffic suddenly came to a stop, which is a pretty common occurrence during morning rush hour, it's not she shouldn't have expected it. 

Another shocker was the woman who was reading a book to her child in the back seat while driving down the same interstate previously mentioned.  How dumb are you?  Just because traffic is only moving 45mph doesn't mean you should be reading to your child while you drive.  You should be more focused on getting your child safely to your destination. 

While I don't mind talking on the cell phone and driving (although some people are truly not capable of doing both and should refrain, Gus is one of these people), I get really annoyed at the texters who can't stay in their line while they look at the keypad on their phone or the people checking e-mails on their blackberry.  Nothing is that important that it can't wait until you are done driving. . .or at least at a red light. 

It's like some people have no regard for the other drivers on the road.  Everything you do behind the wheel of a car affects everyone driving around you.  Your life is no more important than the person next to you, in front of you, coming up in the opposite lane, etc.  People should have a little more respect for others while they are on the road. 

So if you don't want to end up mounting another car, put down the distractions and focus on the road.  The rest of us on the road with you would appreciate it!


This picture is from a friend who is a claims adjuster, the car on top was his insured and he was texting when this happened.

1 comment:

  1. OMG, that pic needs to be taped to every teen's head who thinks s/he can text and drive at the same time. Holy wow!

    ReplyDelete