Monday, June 7, 2010

I've been a bad blogger

I apologize it's been almost a week since I last posted.  Life has been a little crazy with my grandmother in the hospital and my mom leaving town very quickly to be with her.  Work has also been busy lately. 

The good news is that my grandmother was released from the hospital today!  YAY!!   My mom and aunts have decided she absolutely cannot live on her own anymore though.  Her memory is really getting bad and they are afraid she won't be able to pay her bills and keep up with her medications if she is alone.  They haven't told her this though and it will be very devastating to her when they do.  I pray they can find an assisted living place that my grandmother will enjoy as much as her condo. 

Today I spent the morning walking a golf course and watching my brother play in a US Open qualifier.  It was absolutely beautiful outside this morning.  I was only there for 9 holes and he wasn't doing great.  I'm really hoping his day improved after I left.  I'm very anxiously awaiting news on the outcome but it will probably be a few more hours before all the players finish up. 

The next few days are going to be spent getting myself ready to drive up to VA.  My niece's 3rd birthday is on Friday and they are having a party for her on Saturday.  Then on Sunday, my sister-in-law is going to be induced to give birth to baby #2!!   I am so excited about this trip!!  I absolutely adore my niece and I can't wait to see her! 

The soon to be birthday girl

No comments:

Post a Comment